PLAY WITH WORDS

Wednesday, January 27, 2016


This is my first attempt of making a lettering out of a quote, as you can see I have the idea but its not polished. Earlier, I came across a Hand Lettering book by Abbey Sy titled The ABC's of Hand Lettering, so I looked at it and when i went home I started researching about it. 



Although it needed ruler and many layouts to do it, I tried it using freestyle, that's why it ended up looking crooked. But no matter, the fact that I tried makes it 1 step further in making this a hobby.

I used to draft this with cardboard paper, a pencil and a 0.3 ballpoint pen. I found the quote while I was watching the trailer of The Danish Girl, that made me want to use it as an inspiration. I hope by posting this you had an idea of how I started which is very sudden and kinda spur of a moment.

I'm a person who has a lot of free time, so I'm making the most of it by learning something new. Try if you want to do it, than just looking at it and wishing that you can do it to. Just research and get the right reference to start lettering.

Some of my favourite letterings and quotes:







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images